Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Did you know the story behind "Fallen"?

Last weekend, I was having fun listening to "old" songs while working on my miniatures. One of the older tracks I was listening to was "Fallen" by Lauren Woods. I hope most of you would know that song. It was so popular in the movie "Pretty Woman" by Julia Roberts and Richard Gere.

Anyway, I google on Lauren Woods, and realized that she wrote the song around 1979!! It was produced in an album in 1981, but didn't make it as a soundtrack of the album because the record company felt it had no chorus or real drums. 10 years later, the song was re-mixed and made it into"Pretty Woman" in 1990. The rest is history.

Perhaps the next time you hear this song, you'll have new found respect for it. I truly did.

It took her 10 over years. That's sheer dedication and patience. And I believe she never gave up on her passion. Some might say, it's luck. But what is luck if you are not prepared, and if you didn't believe in it?

I shall always remind myself about that.. And if it is your passion, never take no for an answer. ;)


2 comments:

  1. Me encanta esa cancion!!!!
    Y desde que te he leido, todavia le tengo mas respeto.
    Hay que ser perseverante y no desfallecer nunca hasta conseguir lo que quieres.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ascension,

    Thanks so much for your comment. So glad you love that song too! :)

    Pei Li

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)