Friday, January 4, 2013

Clay Hydrangea on Faux Macaron

If you have been following my facebook fan page yesterday, you would have seen a sneak peak on a work in progress..^^

I was excited to show Caren a little experimentation I was doing, and while I shared the photo with her, I also uploaded it on my Facebook fan page.

Caren gave me a new idea for a couple of her faux macarons. Clay hydrangea was on the list. Although you know hydrangeas come in a stalk, and it would be way too much to have a stalk of it on the macaron, so I have been thinking about how to make this idea workable. Caren then told me that perhaps just a few would do. ;) With that said, I immediately had a vision. 

And of course I sat down to work on it.

As you all know by now, the only flowers I've worked on are in 1:12 dollhouse miniature scale, and at most Lati scale. I've not tried making them any bigger, so naturally I am not sure if I would be able to pull it off.

For this project, I sculpt and made everything by hand without the use of any molds. I know even with molds, it's not going to be the solution.

I researched on Google and looked at pictures of hydrangeas and basically created petal by petal from there. After it's dried, I started experimenting with painting.

I took a night to finish this, but am really happy with the result considering this is the first time I'm attempting making life size clay hydrangea!

I wanted to make it life-like - to show the fragility of how flowers naturally are...and so they are semi translucent and when the light shines on them, you can see the veins on the flower petals.

These are a mix of blue and violet and matches this blueberry macaron perfectly.

I think...I might have fallen in love with these and would be making some more...:)




3 comments:

  1. Dearest sweet pei li, this looks really beautiful! I am falling in love with your new flower macarons!! Very pretty!! Caren is very lucky! hehe Have a lovely merry happy Saturday evening! Love to you!

    jacqueline
    http://jqlinesocuteithurts.typepad.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your attention to detail is amazing. These look so real!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutamente real y delicioso.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving me a comment! I appreciate you visiting my blog, and taking the time to read and leaving me comments! I do read all of them :)